In this article, we are going to cover how do the hair transplant infections form. While providing significant informations related to these type of infections, we will also give some recommendations for you to consider. If there is a wound on your body, there is always a threat of infection as well. It is quite important that to keep the wound clean in order to avoid infections.
We all know about this when it comes to minor scars, happening due to our clumsiness or minor incidents. It is part of our daily life to handle with scars. That’s allright, but how about micro size wounds? FUE is one of the most common, reliable techniques in the hair transplant domain, for instance. And it is a microsurgical operation. Is there also a threat of infection? Answer is: yes. Since bacterias are also in micro size, there is always a risk of infection. We will elaborate on how do these tiny wounds become infections. And then, we are going to share with you some tips to keep yourself healthy and safe. If you learn how to handle with these, infections are no longer a concern for you. We hope that you enjoy it while reading. If you feel ready, let’s dive in.
How Does The Infection Form ?
Since hair transplants are microsurgical operations, the risk of infection forming is not that high. A recent research concluded that just 1 out of 100 operations of hair transplant result with an infection. Yet, it is quite dangerous and may develop further if not treated in time and well. Human skin serves as a shield agains microbes, bacterias and other harmful organism/subtances. Anytime you undergo a surgical operation, have a tattoo or have an accident, you open the gates for harmful organism. If you do not treat these scars or wounds properly, you may get infected. Detecting symptoms might get complicated at times. You should watch out for redness in particular. Itching is also another thing to consider. If you encounter with anything extraordinary on your scalp, please consult your doctor before it develops further.
📌 Click here for more information obout “Does Hair Transplant Work?”
How To Protect Yourself Against Hair Transplant Infections ?
There are 2 areas of protection actually. Both is quite important. One them is aftercare as you might have guessed. And the other one is hospital side.
First and foremost, choose the most qualified clinic. The best might not be on your territory, so do your research across the world and pick the best one. Infections happen due to practise deficiencies, mistakes or not following the hygiene rules correctly. Hygiene, customer happiness, experience and a well equipped staff. These are the few things you should be looking for. Hair transplant is a worldwide field. There are many clinics serving patients from many parts of the world. A useful info: the hair transplantation is getting centralized in Turkey. We recommend you to start from here. You will end up with it anyway, so save your time and energy.
Assuming you have underwent the hair transplant surgery, now we have some tips for aftercare.
- There are many, tiny incisions on your scalp. And there are plenty of micro-organisms on your hand. Refrain from touching your head. Otherwise, germs may pass in to open wounds and cause infections.
- When you are healing, it is quite possible to feel itchy. No matter what, do not scratch your scalp. Otherwise, you jeopordize the healing process. If it gets too resistable, consult your doctor and ask for a anti- itching medicine.
- Consuming alcohol or smoking might set back the healing process. Avoid using these. Remember, if the healing process gets slower, risk of infection prevails.
- Take your doctor’s instructions into consideration. It is possible that s/he is experienced in the field and came across with any kind of complications. So listen to him/ her.
- You can also use antibiotic ointments or spray saline solution. They obscure the growth of germs.
📌 Click here to find out more information Best Hair Transplant Centers in İstanbul