Are you considering to undergo a hair transplant? It’s quite reasonable that you got questions in mind, or even doubts. In this article, we are going to explore the basic processes of a hair transplant surgery. Actually, it is a quite simple procedure when you write it down. Yet, it requires years of medical experience and a professional background. In the field of hair transplant, failure is not tolerated even though it is reversible in many cases. Therefore, choosing the best clinic with a qualified medical staff is essential. We are going to see hair transplant procedure, step by step, process by process. After reading this article, you are going to be satisfied with the answers we have provided, hopefully.
Before undergoing any kind of surgery it is too important to have all the basic information. There are two types of hair transplants. These are the most efficient and the most popular ones among others, nowadays. One of them is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The other one is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). Surgeons follow different steps and different techniques in these hair transplantations. We are going to cover both of these. Since these are the most common and relatively modern ones, article is going to be based on these, mainly. Likewise, a succesful hair transplant comprises of two stages. These are hospital side and the aftercare part (recovery). If you are curious about how does the hair transplant procedure performed, you are in the right place. Hope you enjoy!
What IS “FUT” Hair Transplant: Steps and Procedures
Basically, hair transplant is a transferral of hair from back of your head to the part that you desire to have hair. Doctor sterilizes the area and implements local anesthesia for a painless surgery. Hair transplant diverges into two, according to the preferences of the techniques to be used. We have already mentioned about FUT hair transplant. Now we are going to elaborate on it, further. Medical science also calls it as FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery).
Steps of “FUT” Hair transplant:
- Doctor injects local anesthetic medicine to your head
- With the help of a scalpel, doctor cuts out a part of the scalp. Generally it is located in the back of your head.
- Then they stitch the area back and close it.
- Next, the staff cuts the strip which they have taken into pieces. They may even divide it into two thousand pieces. Each of them contains a few hair, there even might be only one.
- Then, medicals open tiny holes on your scalp.
- In the last part, they graft the hair into these small holes and finish the surgery.
📌 Click here for more information on Does Hair Transplant Work?
What Is “FUE” Hair Transplant: Steps and Procedures
In the FUE operation the doctor follows similar steps. Both of the operations take multiple hours or even days, depending on your operation’s needs and desires.
- First of all, staff shaves your head. Then they apply local anesthesia.
- Then, doctor takes hair follicles from the back of your head(usually) one by one. After this, it goes along same with the FUT.
- Similar to FUT process, doctor opens tiny holes on the area which you desire to have hair, then grafts the hair follicles.
- They conclude the procedure by covering your head with the help of bandages.
Recovery part is quite important in both of these surgeries. The treatment is not concluded after you step from the hospital door. Aftercare has a crucial role on the success rate of your surgery. Therefore, we highly recommend you to learn more about this particular issue. For desired results and satisfying outcomes, it is very important to follow aftercare tips.
📌 Click here to find out more information on Which Factors Determine A Good Hair Transplant Result